A while back we decided to take a look at twitter and see if we could convert some of the classic pithy lines about China into a comic feature. Well, we’ve done six so far and there are more to come. I decided to start in one place though, in Beijing. Only because we just wanted to focus on one place and then later switch to another place. I think that with these six tweets and comics that go with them, you can really learn a lot about expat life in Beijing! Click on the comic to the left to see the original size! If you’d like your tweets to be made into comics, go here!
1. First one was @subirubi who tweeted way back about how cold the winters were in Beijing. I agree. I’ve been there and froze too.
2. Then comes @erasedtapes who was in Beijing visiting. I thought his tweet was quite vivid about the great wall of China so we did our own interpretation of it.
3. This tweet from @jkpitmann really shows the environmental issues in Beijing. She arrives back in Beijing and her respiratory system is not happy with her.
4. I’ve been reading @beijingwithkids now @lantaumama for a while now and she’s always got interesting things that she’s tweeting.
5. This one tweet from @sarahplusone was too good to let go. She was voicing her frustration with the Bank of China in a way that many expats I’m sure feel.
Follow us on twitter @MandMx we have a healthy 600 followers as of today! WOW!